A 3-Month Professional Course in Publishing, with a specialization in Editing.
Duration: 3 January to 31 March 2020
Mondays to Fridays, 10.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m.
- Copy-editing and proofreading different kinds of manuscripts—fiction, nonfiction, translations and academic titles
- Commissioning titles and building lists in literary and commercial genres
- Contracts and foreign-rights management, buying and selling rights across the globe
- Planning production budgets and publication schedules
- Understanding the fundamentals of book design
- Interpreting cover briefs, from bestsellers to children’s titles to school textbooks and art catalogues
- Practical assignments, group projects, field trips to printing presses and bookstores and open-house discussions on current issues
Attend masterclasses with authors, editors, publishers, translators and rights managers from India and across the world. Meet and interact with leading publishing professionals.