A Three-Month Online Course in Publishing.
Duration: 3 January to 31 March 2022
Mondays to Fridays, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Lessons will include:
- Copy-editing and proofreading different kinds of manuscripts—fiction, nonfiction, translations and academic titles
- Commissioning titles and building lists in literary and commercial genres
- Contracts and foreign-rights management, buying and selling rights across the globe
- Planning production budgets and publication schedules
- Understanding the fundamentals of book design
- Interpreting cover briefs, from bestsellers to children’s titles to school textbooks and art catalogues
- Practical assignments, group projects, field trips to printing presses and bookstores and open-house discussions on current issues
Attend online masterclasses with authors, editors, publishers, translators and rights managers from India and across the world, as well as daily interactions, lessons and assignments with Seagull Books faculty.